- Be unique in your own way- Whether it is through your writing style or your blog design make sure your blog looks different from the others. Don't copy writing styles from other people. If you have no sense of humor you can still write great content especially if you focus on giving information. You can write for people who have no sense of humor(that field is surely lacking in great bloggers, you could be the first). Don't copy great looking logos or designs. People can tell the real thing from a copycat.
- Choose your own topic- Many bloggers have chosen to focus on telling other people how to make money online. I think most have the mentality that it is the only way a blogger can make money.If you have never made a nickel online read this article by John Chow before you start blogging about this. It could make you change your mind. In fact if you choose an unexplored niche you have a better chance of succeeding. Just remember not to write about your cat, unless you can make him a superhero with enough action to keep us hooked. When choosing your topic you might also want to estimate the amount of traffic you could get. There is no need to blog about a topic nobody cares to read about.
- Blog often- The difference between that blogger you admire and the one who you are never going to find out about is sometimes determined by how regularly they post. A newbie starts a blog, writes for several weeks then discovers writing isn't their cup of tea. So? They stop blogging or reduce the number of posts in a week. They never realize that regular posting keeps your readers hooked. The top blogs are updated everyday or even every few hours. If you have dreams of a great blog, content will take you there.
- Love what you do to death- If you have no passion for what you are doing, readers can smell that 100 miles away. There is one thing about blogs written with a loving touch. They leave a lasting impression. You can feel how the writer carefully chooses the words and how he articulates his ideas. On the other hand blogggers without a passion tend to write hurriedly with little to worry about the impression they leave. Trust me, you don't want to be one of them.
- Give useful information- You realize you don't have to be an A- class blogger to give information don't you? They say that in a land of the blind, the one-eyed-man is king. Very true. Choose people who need your help most. Especially newbie bloggers. You don't have to start big, just focus on becoming great. Get your feet wet first. You do that by helping people below you in terms of information.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
5 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR BLOG STAND OUT
Every blogger wants their blog to have a lasting impression on every new visitor. You want to make your blog unique and recognizable from the millions of blogs scattered out there in the world wide web. I have listed tips that can set you apart from the rest of the blogosphere.
at 4:04 PM